A Potpourri of Thoughts

A Potpourri of Thoughts
Penning down my thoughts while sipping my cup of coffee !!!

Thursday, March 10, 2011

Nature's Child

I am nature’s child.Nothing for me is more welcome, peaceful and salubrious ,as being in the midst of Mother Nature. Rendezvous with nature keeps me in good spirit. Lord Byron’s following verse in Childe Harold, aptly applies to me:

"There is pleasure in the pathless woods,

There is a rapture on the lonely shore,

There is society, where none intrudes,

By the deep sea, and music in its roar:

I love not man the less, but Nature more,

From these our interviews, in which I steal

From all I may be, or have been before,

To mingle with the Universe, and feel

What I can ne’er express, yet cannot all conceal."

I opine, that nature is the best creation of God.The eternal, ethereal, pious beauty of nature , unviolated by the destructive human touch, is a nectar for mind and ambrosia for soul. The multiplicity of hues and shades coupled with the enormity of expanse and minuscular details is simply mesmerizing. The very glimpse of it never fails to make me behold it with awe and inspiration. The soul that runs through this creation of the almighty also runs through me, and the very thought makes me feel so privileged and at peace.

I have been fortunate enough to be born and brought up in Mother Nature's lap.In my beautiful (though now deteriorating) hometown of Nainital, the clear blue sky with the cottony clouds, the murmuring brooks that finally meet their destiny in the lake, the chirping birds atop the pine, chinar,poplar and willow, the cool breeze from the lake, the snow flakes, the lashing rains and hail, smell of the earth after the first rain and the warm winter sun, all form an inseparable part of my childhood. Out here "Spring is the time of the year, when it is summer in the sun and winter in the shade" and where every season bestows a new colour to the surroundings, each prettier than the previous. With all the four seasons endowing their best in this geographical region of the temperate zone, I have been able to witness and appreciate the best that nature has endowed on humanity.

Every time I feel the need for rejuvenating myself, I end up picturing myself in a land which abounds in beauty that takes my breath away and renders my senses insufficient to imbibe it all in, the land where I will touch a thousand flowers and not pick one,I will feel the breeze and the warm sunshine in my face , where I will carelessly wander with no worries to trouble me, no pain to smart under and no conscience to be pricked, but just pure bliss that will manifest in the form of a smile on the lips, a song in the heart and a skip in every step. Having been away from my roots for quite some time now, I await and look forward to embark on such a journey where nature's solitude will give me company.



No comments:

Post a Comment